126 South Main Street
The sign identifies this house as owned by Joseph B. Wiggin.
"By 1881, the town contaned two cigar factories. In addition to the one owned by Joeseph B. Wiggin, who had begun manufacturing cigars in 1864, David Chatten Jr. opened a similar factory in 1881." ref: Pennington Profile, Margaret J. O'Connell.
return to Pennngton Home Page
updated January 2017
posted February 2008