137 S. Main

137 South Main Street

marker "Residence of George Laning on South Main Street in Pennington. Next door, to the right of the photo, was the blacksmith shop and the wheelwright shop. On the other side of the shops was the old Methodist Church, which was purchased by George's son, Aaron, and turned into a residence prior to his marriage to Rebecca Y. Bellis in 1863. Built by George Laning, 1826."
 
Visit 137-141 South Main Street
For more information about George Laning and his family .
(Opens in a new window, close window to return.)

return to Pennngton Home Page
updated January 2017
posted June 2007

wSign.gif