Railroad

2 Railroad Place

The former Reading Railroad Station at 2 Railroad Place. Constructed by Daniel Clarkson in 1882 in the Second Empire style.
 
Service on the line began in 1876, providing Pennington with its first easy link with the outside world. In the early 1900s with over 50 trains daily, the station became the center of town life.
 
This is the only Pennington building on the National Register of Historic Places. Note details including mansard roof with metal cresting, paired cornice brackets, umbrella frame canopy and pedimented archway over the pavilion.

wSign.gif