15 West Delaware

15 West Delaware Avenue

Built circa 1850 by Burd, Witter and Co. and continuously used as a hardware store. Good example of simple commercial Italianate style with decorative paired brackets, semi-elliptical windows on the 2nd floor, and the classic large commercial windows, along with an interior ceiling of pressed tin.
 
This is the Pennington Hardware Store, owned for many years by the Flynn Family and later by the Landis family. The hardware store continues under new ownership.

return to Walk Tour index
page created April 2005

wSign.gif