Main Street

205 South Main Street

Constructed in 1836 as a school for women and subsequently known as Evergreen Hall. Designed by Augustine M. Van Kirk, this three-story brick building is now a private residence. Note the Flemish bond brick, the boxed cornice, the frieze decorated with dentil design, the double door with dentil design and the fan light above.

return to Walking Tour index
page created February 2008